Saturday, December 13, 2014

Christmas Letter 2014



Dear Friends and Family,

We hope you’re enjoying the Christmas season!  We miss you all and wish your families a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

This year has been much more uneventful for us than last year, thankfully!  Last winter was the coldest winter on record for the Green Bay area, with 30+ days of sub-zero temperatures and at times reaching  -60 degrees (that’s with wind chill), it was a brutal winter.  
 
We were able to thaw ourselves out a little in March by going to a college friend’s wedding in Dallas, Texas.  Which was a lot of fun because we saw some old college friends and saw my brother who lives in Fort Worth.  Keith’s favorite team growing up was the Dallas Cowboys so seeing their huge stadium was a highlight for him on the trip.  (Now his favorite team is the Green Bay Packers – Go Pack Go! J)
 
Over Memorial Day weekend we drove down to Nauvoo, Illinois to see the church history sites.  Keith had been there a couple of times growing up but it was my first time to visit.  We loved our visit there, we loved learning about church history and going through the Nauvoo temple.
 
In July we were able to visit Utah and visit family and friends.  Some highlights of the trip included:  seeing college and high school friends, catching up with family, playing tennis with Wendy (my old tennis coach), spraying weeds on the farm in Idaho, watching the fireworks with my Mom and Dad, and going to the Olympic Park in Park City.  The Olympic Park was really cool because we got to see the Aerial Ski Jumpers practicing their jumps into a swimming pool and saw someone go off the big ski jump. 
 
 
We went to another wedding in August, it was Keith’s little brother’s wedding.  It was a beautiful day to get married and was a wonderful wedding.  We were also able to stay with some college friends while there for the wedding and I was able to go to her baby shower which was a lot of fun!

At the end of August we had a sad event, we got rid of my car and bought a new car.  It was a pretty big deal because that was my first and only car I’d ever had.  My car was having some electrical issues and didn’t like Wisconsin’s winters. I am still mourning the loss of it.  We ended up buying a Toyota Prius which does get amazing gas mileage, so I guess it’ll save us money overall.
 
For Thanksgiving we drove out to Virginia to spend it with my sister’s family.  And no, we didn’t drive the Prius, we didn’t want to chance having bad weather and going through the mountains of West Virginia.  It was fun spending time with Linda’s family and her cute kids!  We also loved going black Friday shopping with them. 
 
This year work is going well, we’re still working for Humana where Keith is a Senior Actuarial Analyst, passed his fourth exam, and is working on his fifth to become an ASA.  I’m still an Underwriter, my department moved into the same building as Keith, so now we have lunch together every day.  We got a tennis membership last year to help me with my recovery and it’s amazing how much I’ve improved!  We are staying busy with church callings, Keith is a counselor in the Branch presidency and I’m a counselor in Young Women’s.  This past year we also put landscaping in around our house and had our first garden, we had tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers, jalapenos, celery, cabbage, and onions which kept us busy!  

We feel very blessed for everything that we have and we’re also thankful for your friendship and love!  We hope you have a wonderful 2015!

No comments: